About the book
Have you considered adopting an Agile way of working in your non-software team?
Business agility does not mean using the same processes and practices as your development and IT teams. In fact, the specific practices don’t matter. Being agile is a way of thinking and making choices that can benefit marketing, HR, finance, all parts of the business.
This practical book will help you to…
- Decide where and how an Agile approach can help you serve the business better
- Customize and regularly improve an Agile way of working without your having to be a process expert
- Avoid the many pitfalls that lead to mediocre performance or bounce-backs
- Feel confident about your choices, even if they are different from what your tech colleagues use
Written by Gil Broza, founder at 3P Vantage and an Agile coach, trainer, and facilitator since 2004.
“This book is at the center of how we teach Lean and Agile foundations today. It really helps the conversations with teams that aren’t software teams to get people to understand how it fits with their context.” — Enterprise Agile Transformation Leader, Fortune 100 company
“Gil has managed to make Agile accessible to everyone.” – Sandy Mamoli, Author of Creating Great Teams, Nomad8
“You will be in the driver’s seat throughout, choosing what fits your situation and unique goals.” – Suzanne Daigle, Business Strategist and Partner, NuFocus Strategic Group
“I wish such a resource had been available at the start of our transformation!” – Heather Francis, Head of Transformation, Roche Canada
Content samples and podcast interviews
Would you like to read a sample? Here is chapter 4, “Determine Where You’ll Try Agile for the First Time”.
Are you a software/IT Agile coach or an Agile transformation team member? Gil’s webinar, “How to Help Your Non-Software Colleagues Adopt Agile”, covers:
- The steps to take your colleagues through so they’re ready, willing, and able to take on an Agile way of working
- How to empower them to make Agile-minded choices without being tied to any prescription, tool, or so-called best practices
- Strategies for avoiding common pitfalls
Listen to podcast interviews on this subject (they are all quite different):
- Agile Revolution interview by Renee Troughton and Craig Smith – 57 minutes
- People and Projects Podcast interview by Andy Kaufman – 45 minutes
- Agile Amped interview by Alalia Lundy – 25 minutes
- projectmanagement.com interview by Dave Prior – 50 minutes
Where to buy…
- a print copy? Get one from Amazon, Barnes & Noble, or other online bookstores.
- 5+ copies at a significant discount? Contact the author Gil Broza.
- all eBook formats for the price of one — Kindle/Apple/Kobo/NOOK plus the print-like and searchable PDF? Skip the middleman and buy them directly from the author.
- just the Kindle format? Get it from Amazon (they keep most of the money).
- just the ePub format? Get it from Leanpub, Apple Books, Kobo, Barnes & Noble, or other eBook stores.
The book’s supplementary resources
The book comes with nine free additional resources to help you implement its ideas. There are checklists, posters, worksheets, and more.
To gain access to the full set of resources, please enter your name and valid email. By that you’ll also allow Gil Broza and 3P Vantage (his company) to send you more resources for creating an Agile reality: articles, insights, tips, additional book material, news, and invitations to webinars and workshops. With every email, you’ll have the option to stop receiving communication. Your privacy is assured and your contact information is safe.