About the book
Putting people before process is the first Agile value. If you’re a Scrum Master, project manager, delivery lead, or manager — or you aspire to be one — you can make all the difference to your Agile team. Not by being a taskmaster, administrator, or process enforcer, but by leading your team to greatness. Written by Gil Broza, an Agile coach/trainer/facilitator since 2004 and founder at 3P Vantage, The Human Side of Agile will help you to:
- Build and cultivate an engaged team that can handle almost any challenge
- Catalyze team communication, collaboration, and continuous improvement
- Establish yourself as a confident and capable leader who adds value
- Reap the full benefits of Agile in the real world with real people
“I’ve rarely seen so much useful, concrete advice packaged in such a simple and accessible way.” — Henrik Kniberg, Agile coach and author, Lean from the Trenches
To this day, most Agile teams experience the following problems. Does your team experience them too?
- Members use established Agile practices and tools, but with little motivation or buy-in.
- Even though the team is cross-functional, members don’t collaborate effectively or leverage everyone’s abilities.
- Rather than act empowered, they wait for permission and approval.
- Improvement has stalled — the team performs okay, but it can do so much better.
You can’t solve these problems with more practices, rules, and tools. These are people problems.
“Agile teams need effective leaders who ‘get’ the people stuff. Without that you’re merely going through the Agile motions.” — Scott W. Ambler, co-creator of Disciplined Agile Delivery
Check it out: Read a sample on Amazon or expand the follow table of contents to listen to several audio samples.